1. Better Understand the Grade of Beef You're Buying
Understanding how beef is graded should be important to you. Otherwise, the cuts of steak you buy will have varying quality and you willl end up paying more than you should.
All beef is inspected for wholesomeness by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is graded for quality and consistency. The top three grades of beef on the USDA scale are Prime, Choice, and Select. Where they fall on the grading (quality) scale are:
- USDA Prime: Considered to be the top 3%
- USDA Choice: Accounts for the next 57%
- USDA Select: Bottom 40%
When you purchase beef from your local supermarket or online retailer, if the grade of beef is not specified using the USDA scale, be sure and verify what you are getting. Many retailers do not specify the grade of beef they are selling and market their beef with misleading marketing terms, which can sound wonderful, but really is just a way to make you feel good about your purchase. Using these tactics, they sell you lower quality beef at premium prices.
Even with full disclosure, you may still not know the quality you are getting. For example, beef graded to be USDA Choice means the steak you are purchasing falls somewhere within the 57% of beef below USDA Prime. Your steak could be great, or very chewy. Good luck.
2. Learn Why Our Premium Angus Beef is Superior
There are many brands of beef, but only one Angus brand exceeds expectations. Certified Steak sources only the highest quality angus beef without exception. We guarantee our beef to be the most flavorful, tender and juicy cuts available.
Not all Angus beef is the same - many programs allow outside influences that reduce consistency and quality from cut to cut. Not Certified Steak - we source only Angus that meet very stringent requirements:.
Standards For All the Angus Beef We Offer
- Marbling and Maturity
- 1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- 2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- 3. Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
- Uniform, consistent steak size
- 4. 10 to 16 square-inch ribeye area
- 5. Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- 6. Less than 1-inch fat thickness
- Quality appearance and tenderness
- 7. Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- 8. Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- 9. No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- 10. No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Our Prime Angus Beef
If you enjoy the quality of commodity USDA Prime, upgrade your expectations with Certified Steak Angus Prime. Our Prime is so exclusive that it must pass nine more specifications than USDA Prime.
Our All Natural Angus Beef
Cattle are NEVER given hormones or antibiotics, EVER. They are fed a 100% vegetarian diet and are traceable to place of birth. Less than 1% of all beef meets our stringent standards to be offered as All Natural.
We age all of our beef (primal) for 27 days prior to cutting. This aids in providing you the most tender and flavorful steak.
3. Why You Should Try Our Steaks and Service
Certified Steak and Seafood made the conscious decision to offer our customers only the best beef available, raised and processed in the United States, Premium Angus Beef. We believe that if we offer a superior product, at competitive prices, and back everything up with outstanding personal service, we will create a long-term partnership with our customers.
As with all of our products, our steaks come with a 100% money back guarantee - no questions asked. Give our steaks a try today and let's start our great relationship.