1. Better Understand the Grade of Beef You're Buying
Understanding how beef is graded should be important to you. Otherwise, the beef you buy will have varying quality and you'll end up paying more than you should.
All beef is inspected for wholesomeness by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is graded for quality and consistency. The top three grades of beef on the USDA scale are Prime, Choice, and Select. Where they fall on the grading (quality) scale are:
- USDA Prime: Considered to be the top 3%
- USDA Choice: Accounts for the next 57%
- USDA Select: Bottom 40%
When you purchase beef from your local supermarket or online retailer, if the grade of beef is not specified using the USDA scale, be sure and verify what you're getting. Many retailers do not specify the grade of beef they're selling and market their beef with misleading marketing terms, which can sound wonderful, but really is just a way to make you feel good about your purchase. Using these tactics, they sell you lower quality beef at premium prices.
Even with full disclosure, you may still not know the quality you're getting. For example, beef graded to be USDA Choice means the steak you're purchasing falls somewhere within the 57% of beef below USDA Prime. Your steak could be great, or very chewy. Good luck.
Learn how USDA Choice is sorted before it's available for you to purchase: [Download and View]
2. Learn Why Certified Angus Beef® is a Cut Above
There are many brands of beef, but only one Angus brand exceeds expectations. Since 1978, only one brand has promised and delivered the most flavorful, tender and juicy cuts. The Certified Angus Beef® brand, as the original, has set the bar for high-quality beef and premium programs.
The success of the brand has spurred a cloud of "Angus confusion," as other programs tout similar Angus names. However, not all Angus beef is created equal. Each Angus program varies in its set of standards, not always delivering consumers the quality they expect. That’s where the Certified Angus Beef® brand shines, consistently providing consumers the high-quality beef they crave.
Standards For All Certified Angus Beef®
Marbling and Maturity
- 1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- 2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- 3. Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
Uniform, consistent steak size
- 4. 10 to 16 square-inch ribeye area
- 5. Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- 6. Less than 1-inch fat thickness
Quality appearance and tenderness
- 7. Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- 8. Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- 9. No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- 10. No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Prime Certified Angus Beef®
If you are committed to the quality of commodity USDA Prime, raise the bar with Certified Angus Beef® brand Prime. Certified Angus Beef® brand Prime is so exclusive that it must pass nine more specifications than USDA Prime.
Read more about the amazing differences between USDA Prime and Certified Angus Beef® Prime: [Download and View]
Natural Certified Angus Beef®
Cattle are NEVER given hormones or antibiotics, EVER. They are fed a 100% vegetarian diet and are traceable to place of birth. Less than 1% of all beef qualifies for Certified Angus Beef® brand Natural.
What does 'grass fed' really mean? [Download and View]
We age all of our primal for 27 days prior to cutting. This aids in providing you the most tender and flavorful steak.
3. Why You Should Try Our Steaks and Service
Certified Steak and Seafood made the conscious decision to offer our customers only the best beef available, Certified Angus Beef®. We believe that if we offer a superior product, at competitive prices, and back everything up with outstanding personal service, we'll create a long-term partnership with our customers.
You'll find that the Certified Angus Beef® pricing we offer is very competitive with other retailers, even though they sell USDA Choice. Why buy lesser beef for the same price?
As with all of our products, our steaks come with a 100% money back guarantee - no questions asked. Give our steaks a try today and let's start our great relationship.